PDA

View Full Version : new parabolics

cedryck
11-01-2016, 10:58 AM
I am looking to upgrade my suspension, I currently have RM 2 leaf front, and 2 leaf rears, very soft and articulate nicely, but do not like the sag during towing a trailer, and the overall stance of the truck sags to one side by 1 3/4 inches. . What are folks running (2 front, 3 rear for towing?) and does anyone know what brand our hosts offer? Cheers.

Les Parker
11-01-2016, 12:24 PM
RN offers British Spring parabolics.
Thus far, these have been good, with no listing or saggy rear ends. Also, we recommend using OME shocks, to ease the pitch and yaw when going around sharp corners.

TedW
11-01-2016, 02:04 PM
RN offers British Spring parabolics.
Thus far, these have been good, with no listing or saggy rear ends. Also, we recommend using OME shocks, to ease the pitch and yaw when going around sharp corners.

I have been running these RN paras for years now, and am very happy. However, I run a soft top and found the OME shocks to be too stiff. I put the stock Woodheads back on and have been very pleased with both the ride and control.

kb1iaw
11-01-2016, 06:26 PM
RN parabolics here as well. Last weekend they handled 5 deep cycle batteries, tools and a vary heavy canvas tarp without any fuss. I was expecting squirrelly handling and a bouncey ride with all that weight that far aft but I experienced none of that.

Jim-ME
11-25-2016, 03:30 AM
I went with RM 3 leaf fronts and rears on an 88 soft top. The ride is a little stiff compared to my old RM sagged out springs but I'm happy so foa.
Jim

2roverlabs
12-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Series III soft top. Light duty. Just installed RN parabolics and pro line shocks. Combo has been good. Since the truck sees run about and beach cruising, no need for heavy duty suspension.