PDA

View Full Version : Series 3 Door Tops

fly cubs
01-03-2017, 08:40 AM
EDIT: Now that I've resumed my life back at a real computer, the search on here is much easier....previous posts about Rocky Mountain make me thing that's the way to go...

The door tops on my old Series 3 have been extremely rusted since I bought the truck several years ago- and I had the unfortunate event of sliding glass breaking in one over the weekend. I figure it's time to replace them, and see a few options out there.

I can get the glazed, glass in, ready to paint ones from our host or an aluminum pair from Rocky Mountain. What's everyone's experience with either one of them- or is there a better alternative that I'm missing?

stomper
01-03-2017, 12:22 PM
If you want to do the job once, Get the Rocky Mountain door tops. When you call, ask if they have any defective ones. I bought mine with some ever so slight scratches in the glass for a discount. I can't even see the scratches, and after off roading and "pin striping the truck on tree brush, I'm sure I've added a few more.

mearstrae
01-04-2017, 04:05 AM
I have had the Rocky Mountain tops for a few years now and no complaints. I like the "One and Done" idea, no more rust so they maintain their integrity, so I can take them off when I want to.

'99 Disco II
'95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S