PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Brake Peddle / Servo Clevis Pin

markahendrix
03-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Hi Everyone -

I'm replacing master cyclinder and servo on my 82 Series III (88) and have successfully removed the master cylinder from the servo but when I went to remove the servo from the brake/pedal box I ran into an issue getting the clevis pin out that connects the servo to the actual brake pedal. Has anyone ran into this? I've tried heat, brute force, everything...but with so little space between the box and the panel it makes it tough to get any leverage. I've seen some people remove the entire assembly (6 bolts) - but I can't even get to 1 of them because it's behind the steering shaft.

Help!

Les Parker
03-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Hi,

The 6 bolts you are referring to, are they inside the vehicle?
Series Pedal boxes are fitted to the bulkhead from the cab area, so access should be good for taking the whole pedal assembly out.
Do you have some pix you can post?
Keep Roverin'

SafeAirOne
03-31-2017, 09:33 PM
Series Pedal boxes are fitted to the bulkhead from the cab area, so access should be good for taking the whole pedal assembly out.

I was thinking the same thing--the fasteners are installed/removed from the inside of the cab upper footwell. I can say, that with enough torque applied, the anchor nuts can be removed on the engine bay side too. :(

markahendrix
04-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Hi Guys -

Good news....After lots of blood sweat and tears...the pin is finally out. TOok me 8 hours to get that puppy out. Servo replace, master cyclinder replace, and now learning I don't have any vacuum suction to my servo.....UGH

Thanks for the help.