PDA

View Full Version : Clutch MC

Jester065
03-31-2017, 07:15 PM
While rebuilding my clutch MC I destroyed the pipe fitting nut that goes into the MC. Does any one know the replacement nut I need size and threading? Thanks.

cnfowler
04-01-2017, 01:29 AM
I don't know the thread size, but in the future a flare nut wrench should be used on all brake/clutch line fittings.

https://hw.menardc.com/main/items/media/DANAH001/ProductLarge/MF29203.jpg

If that's what you used, then carry on.

Colin

Jester065
04-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Colin,
It was a difficult lesson to learn... all wrenches are not the same. I didn't want to upload way was left of the nut in fear you guys may take my truck for her protection.

blueseriesii
04-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Tap Tap TAP. For stubborn bolts I tap on the flats as firmly as I dare, going around the hex flats as far as I can reach, all the while adding penetrating oil. Sometimes I use a drift of some sort to reach those tricky spots. Doing this for a couple of days has been a great help for me. If you know the pipe itself needs replacement, just cut it off at the fitting and use a socket wrench to remove the fitting nut.
Doug

cnfowler
04-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Colin,
It was a difficult lesson to learn... all wrenches are not the same. I didn't want to upload way was left of the nut in fear you guys may take my truck for her protection.

Well, you definitely aren't the first to do that to a clutch/brake fitting. They are made of soft metal typically and round off fairly easily. A couple years ago I invested in flare nut wrenches and they make my life much more stress free.

Colin