PDA

View Full Version : Front directional signal fasteners

IIA
04-30-2017, 03:44 PM
I need to change the bulb on one of my front directional signals. It looks like I need to crawl inside the wing and remove some very tiny, very rusty nuts. I don't have a tool that small. Before I go shopping, does anyone know what size nuts they are or whether there is a better tool than a regular crescent wrench?

CORRECTION--IT'S THE PARKING LIGHT, NOT THE DIRECTIONAL

TedW
04-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Do you still have the 4" amber lenses? If so, you just undo the three screws that attach the lens - they are threaded into the base.

SafeAirOne
04-30-2017, 08:28 PM
I don't believe there are any lamps that require removal of any backside hardware to change the bulb. To change the assembly base, sure. But not the bulbs.

erik88lr
05-01-2017, 09:25 AM
I don't believe there are any lamps that require removal of any backside hardware to change the bulb. To change the assembly base, sure. But not the bulbs.

Right, just take out the Phillips head screws holding the lens on.

My right front parking light bulb holder wouldn't hold bulbs securely anymore, and I did have to replace the assembly. As I recall the little nuts were 1/4", and all unscrewed just fine. The tough job was undoing the metal straps that secured the harness to the back of the headlamp and inner fender to unplug the connectors under the hood prop, then put it all back together again. What a pain.

IIA
05-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Sorry - my mistake and faulty memory - it's the parking light, not the directional. There aren't any screws on the front that I can see.

cnfowler
05-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Copied from Guns and Rovers forum:

The chrome ring and glass is held on by the rubber seal. Use some WD40 and a small flat screwdriver to pry it out and hope it doesn't tear.

Colin

IIA
05-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Thanks. That did it. Since it wasn't as obvious as I thought and because I can't change the subject line for this thread, I'm starting a new one to make it easier for people to find in the future.

cnfowler
05-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Glad it worked out for you. Nice write up, too. Thanks for sharing.

Colin