PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Dormobile Introduction

genuineseries
07-04-2017, 05:52 AM
Hi all,

I own a 1966 series IIa dormobile station wagon 4 cylinder petrol LHD that I purchased nearly 6 years ago while in college. I attached a photo that I had saved from the previous owner that I believe he had taken when he had purchased the Land Rover out east. The vehicle is in need of complete restoration due to extensive corrosion and rust. Since purchasing the vehicle I have collected various new old stock parts and had the opportunity to make a trip to Vermont and purchase a bulkhead jig made by Colby at Tin Shack Rovers a long with a pit stop at Rovers North for some parts and a visit to Lanny Clarks with Colby. My father had the opportunity to visit Ike and his shop as well. All in all a few great road trips involving Land Rovers. The vehicle it self except for some disassembly remains original with documentation and original telegraphs regarding delivery to a man from Massachusetts. In an attempt to use as many original genuine Land Rover parts as possible I am in search of a rust/corrosion free donor vehicle to help with the restoration with emphasis on keeping as much as possible of the original vehicle. I have posted in the the want to buy section with the specifics of what I am looking for.

Thank you all for your time,

Jonathan

leafsprung
07-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Cool truck - cant wait to see the rebuild!

-Ike

Hi all,

I own a 1966 series IIa dormobile station wagon 4 cylinder petrol LHD that I purchased nearly 6 years ago while in college. I attached a photo that I had saved from the previous owner that I believe he had taken when he had purchased the Land Rover out east. The vehicle is in need of complete restoration due to extensive corrosion and rust. Since purchasing the vehicle I have collected various new old stock parts and had the opportunity to make a trip to Vermont and purchase a bulkhead jig made by Colby at Tin Shack Rovers a long with a pit stop at Rovers North for some parts and a visit to Lanny Clarks with Colby. My father had the opportunity to visit Ike and his shop as well. All in all a few great road trips involving Land Rovers. The vehicle it self except for some disassembly remains original with documentation and original telegraphs regarding delivery to a man from Massachusetts. In an attempt to use as many original genuine Land Rover parts as possible I am in search of a rust/corrosion free donor vehicle to help with the restoration with emphasis on keeping as much as possible of the original vehicle. I have posted in the the want to buy section with the specifics of what I am looking for.

Thank you all for your time,

Jonathan

genuineseries
07-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Thank you Ike!