PDA

View Full Version : Putting a value on a 1958 Series 2

dmetznik
09-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Excuse me if I'm asking this in the wrong section but aside from the for sale section I wasn't sure where to post. I will be offering my 1958 Series 2 for sale shortly but would like to get an idea of a ballpark value. I see asking prices all over the place and would like to know what these trucks really trade for. A little about the rover...(not everything but a quick snapshot)

Frame off, both body and frame media blasted. Rear section of frame replaced and entire frame coated with Rust Shield.
Body painted in PPG single stage, with epoxy primer base.
New suspension all around, including rear leaf springs. I have new for the front, just not installed.
Brakes redone all around, including all new lines, master cylinder.
Engine has new head gasket, several seals.
New...clutch, radiator and hoses, spin on oil filter adapter, Hardura tunnel cover kit (not installed), headlamp replacement buckets, boot kits, mudflaps, dash vent seals, door seals, front and rear seats all new, ball joints, steering box rebuild kit, carb rebuild kit, ignition kit.

Most pictures are of when it was 90% complete so truck may include small trim not seen in photos.

This is some of the work done, I have all receipts and pictures. I'm looking to find a fair price point and a good home for the truck. It was registered and insured a few years ago but has been off the road since, in my garage. It starts and runs great but should be gone through by the next owner to ensure things are still up to par since being put away. Your thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Don
Massachusetts.

jp-
09-06-2017, 04:38 PM
I sold an identical 66 88" about 8 years ago for $12000. Complete restoration. Galvanized frame, bulkhead, breakfast, all trim regalved etc... New tires, wheels, suspension, brakes, fuel tanks, the works. But I painted it a much nicer color than you painted yours :-). It's the one in my avatar.

When you figure in the hours I had in it though, I lost my shirt. I figure it's worth $14-20k in today's market.