PDA

View Full Version : 24 Spline Rover Diff Question

jp-
09-20-2017, 08:34 PM
I have seen a few links for converting a Series Rover front diff to 24 spline axles and carriers. But nothing on the rears. Can I just get a 24 spline carrier, new ring and pinion and new axles and drive flanges? Main question is are there any clearance problems with the 24 spline axle diameter, internal to the diff housing?

I was going to get a Salisbury, but not sure (exactly) how much they are going for now and still an open diff. If no issues with axle clearance, I was thinking about just building up a Rover diff with a TruTrac or other limited slip carrier. I figured it would be roughly the same cost as the Salisbury, with new ring and pinion, axles, and a LSD. Have also heard that the replacement ring and pinions are much stronger than the original Rover ones.

Any pros/cons to this? Or other advice?

bugeye88
09-21-2017, 02:19 AM
Contact Bill Davis at GREAT basin Rovers, he is very knowledgeable on things axels and diffs. I got my 24 spline/Tru Trac diff from him. High quality workmanship.
Cheers,
Rob
68 2a Bugeye

clearcut
09-21-2017, 05:56 AM
I agree that Bill Davis lead. I run both his 24 spine axle, his heavy duty ring, with a arb diff.. Expense yes, but works

Bill builds the diff and ships it to you.. All we did was drop it in the axle. Needed to run air to it. I also run his 10 spline setup in the front axle.
josh