PDA

View Full Version : 67SIIA Ignition Issue

phartnady
10-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Hello everyone, have a question and hoping someone can give me a good answer. I place the key in the ignition of my 67 Series IIA , turn it to the right, and my oil light and one other light illuminates, I start the beast, and off I go. Yesterday, when I got home, I shut the rover down, turned the key back to the vertical position, and now those 2 lights will not go out. I finally disconnected the battery, but I need to know if this is an ignition switch issue, or something else. I do real well with oil and gas, but stop short of fooling with electricity. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

phil
1967 SIIA

SafeAirOne
10-08-2017, 04:24 AM
What is the "one other light" that illuminates?

Has you rover been converted to use an alternator, or do you still have the original dynamo (generator) supplying electricity to the vehicle?

phartnady
10-13-2017, 10:02 AM
the other light is a red light, not sure, but like the oil light stays on, and yes the vehicle has been converted and runs an alternator, with MSD distributer, coil and ignition. starting the truck now does not require turning the switch on , just starts up at the push of the button. believe the ignition switch is fried, took the panel off, and have ordered a new switch. now comes the fun part of swappin it out. thanks