PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead pictures

atmjah
12-31-2017, 08:10 PM
Hello All

This is going to be a really easy one for someone...my google skills are simply letting me down.

I'm restoring a 1968 S2A 88". I purchased it 20 years ago or so when I was living in England, and when I brought it back to the US I also brought a replacement bulkhead (along with a replacement engine, gearbox, front end, doors, etc.). Turns out the replacement bulkhead is from an earlier model. The two main differences are that the replacement is set up for the two independent wiper motors instead of the single wiper motor (that's an easy one to sort out), and the replacement has a large rectangular hole through the bulkhead right below where the instrument panel goes. My existing bulkhead has no hole there. Instead, it is where the throttle control for the PTO is affixed.

I am deciding if I want to patch the hole and mount the PTO throttle control as it is now, or retrofit whatever goes into that hole. Trouble is, I can't find any pix that show what goes there! Can anyone provide a link or attachment?

Thanks,
Jim

TimberPig
01-01-2018, 11:39 PM
Any chance the area that has been cut out held the vehicle id plate (with the serial number etc), as that is where the plate is located on a S2/early 2a. From what I understand, doctoring the id plate is somewhat common there to reduce the tax burden by placing tags from older, tax exempt vehicles onto newer ones to avoid taxes that apply to the newer model.

o2batsea
01-02-2018, 06:37 AM
Are you referring to the hole for the "lower dash" panel? This is where the hand throttle mounts and on diesels, they have the key switch and fan rheostat.

mrmoose
01-02-2018, 08:16 AM
I agree. Mine has a hole too but the throttle bolts over top of it to cover it up. Since the ID plates simply screw on I can't imagine somebody cutting that section out of the bulkhead to remove them.

TimberPig
01-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Maybe the OP should post up a picture of his bulkhead, instead of asking us what it should look like?

One would think a screwdriver would be less work than a saw, but it sounded like a cut hole, hence my guess on what it could be given the location he was asking about.