PDA

View Full Version : 1974 Series III brake light switch.

01birddog
04-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Obvious new guy here but series Rover number six.......

I am having a stretch of bad luck with brake light switches. I have replaced two in less than a month and now this one is not working. Did all the wire to wire and everything is working fine with brake lights working. Have had it out several times and tried it that way and not working. Am i having a stretch of just bad switches or do you have any other thoughts? Getting them from host and works good for about a week and then nothing. Thanks for any ideas.

o2batsea
04-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Your experience is not unusual.

fly cubs
04-09-2018, 11:15 AM
How about a genuine one on eBay?

01birddog
04-09-2018, 12:20 PM
How about a genuine one on eBay?

That's what i did just now. Sent the two bad ones back and got a genuine one. Hope it will last a long time.

01birddog
04-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Follow up on this switch. Made a call to our host explaining the switch problems, sent the old ones back and in a flash had a original Land Rover part in hand. Thats what i call good service.

fly cubs
04-16-2018, 07:25 AM
Follow up on this switch. Made a call to our host explaining the switch problems, sent the old ones back and in a flash had a original Land Rover part in hand. Thats what i call good service.

That's awesome. Definitely one of the reasons I always come back to them!

01birddog
04-16-2018, 04:55 PM
Yes good folks.........I had about 500 hrs in old NC6914H. Dont know what happened to her. Beautiful Cub i restored years ago.

HinFL
05-17-2018, 05:06 AM
I have had your exact experience with multiple brake light switches, both Genuine and aftermarket. Issue I've noticed is with the "plunger"; nothing wrong electrically. If I remove the switch, exercise the plunger and test, it starts working fine. But replace it in the brake tower, adjust it properly and it regularly stops working again in a matter of just a few trips. Frustrating. Is this similar to anybody else's findings?