PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1976 Series 3

fly cubs
03-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Very nice 1976 Land Rover Series 3 for sale. Rare topical top, strong 2.25L petrol motor, Fairey overdrive. Right hand drive. I have driven this truck on a regular basis for the last 6 years. Will do 70 mph on the highway, all day long. I would not hesitate to drive to California tomorrow.

This is a clean, unmolested example of a fine 4x4 vehicle. Everything on this truck works, right down to the windshield washer and choke indicator light. Just like any British car, it has a few leaks and a few paint bubbles on the door edges. Color is Land Rover Marine Blue with Limestone on the rooftop and wheels.

The truck features: Rocky Mountain Parabolic suspension, Pro-Comp shocks, Rocky Mountain Door tops, TDI mechanical fuel lift pump, a Pertronix electronic distributor, a Rovers North Trailer hitch. Frame and bulkhead are in excellent condition and are coated with Fluid Film on a regular basis. Rear crossmember was replaced in 2014 and is in excellent condition. Body cappings and windshield frame hot dipped galvanized again 3 years ago. New windshield glass at that time. Tires are Cooper All-Terrain with approximately 10,000 miles on them. Brake and clutch cylinders are all new within the last 4 years.
Sale will include spares and service manuals.

Registered in NC with a clean title. Very inexpensive to own with antique status/tags and collector car insurance.

Asking $27,500 or a very reasonable offer. No tire kickers, scammer, or agencies trying to help me sell. If you are serious, please contact me to schedule a showing or get more photos. Thank you.

fly cubs
03-10-2019, 07:21 PM
The fog/rain finally cleared enough in NC to take pics today. Album: Land Rover Series 3 For Sale (https://photos.app.goo.gl/HCoZLWFes1TX1hkU6)

This even includes a vid of it running. I just re-coated the chassis, bulkhead and wheel wells with Fluid Film, which attributes the to the shiny and brownish specs on most of the undercarriage. The tires have Armor-All on them, but the rest of the truck is in a "virgin" state to show its patina and true character.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues accessing it.

I purchased my D90 yesterday, so the race will now be on to sell this one before my wife shoots me....

fly cubs
03-14-2019, 01:05 PM
Sale pending.

fly cubs
03-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Sale pending.

Sold.