PDA

View Full Version : condenser fans and a/c

cbwhitley
07-28-2007, 04:12 PM
noticed my a/c not working as well when i sit. i cranked it up and started a/c and noticed that the condenser fans were not running. aren't these supposed to be on all the time when the a/c is on? since there are two fans wouldn't it be possible for 1 to work if one were bad? therefore my thought is that it is the temp sensor. where is the temp sensor? any help would be appreciated.

chris

joshua.mcguoirk
10-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Remove the front grill. This will give you access to the fans. You will notice 2 wires on the front of each fan. Run jumper leads to the battery and test the fans. If they operate then it could be a bad switch.

I had the same problem and have since change them out with used fans fans found on the internet. New fans are accessible, just expensive.

roders
10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Condensor fans are controled by a pressure switch in the compressure discharge. If the pressure is low ( short of gas ) or faulty switch the fans will not work.
With ac running hold the discharge, it should be to hot to touch.
The wires onto the switch are spade terminals, pull them of and link them together, if the fans run the fans are OK

Hammer38
10-19-2007, 10:02 PM
These fans fail quite often. Run a jumper to them & check 'em out. You might be having overheating issues also if this is the case. There not difficult to replace, but the labor rate is about 3.0 for one fan. I haven't seen a faulty pressure switch or low R134 cause these fans to not run, but different problems in different parts of the country I assume.