PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Red Discovery II for Sale Original Paint Excellent Florida Chassis.

thejaguru
07-04-2019, 09:32 PM
I fell in love with this color Land Rover when I was invited to the 1999 Couer D'Alene Concours by BMW, along with 59 and 69 River Saloons I had restored. (They were promoting Rover Heritage, probably while negotiating with Ford). This was the color of their display cars at the National LR Dealer convention. I was advised by a Land Rover expert to buy this, a year ago and compression was good..Mileage is 192,611. It is very original except white painted bonnet and top by last owner. Always in Florida, chassis is excellant , not rusted. Very nice original paint including door jambs. No dents or accident damage.5 Nice original wheels. Nitto Tires.Main flaw is a coolant leak at back of right head that developed soon after purchase. Spare set of heads included. All hoses , expansion tank, thermostat replaced. Sealer was added that worked a while,and was driven locally short distances. Runs well, good AC and Heat, but needs coolant leak dealt with. I am dealing with caring for an elderly Father and have no time for restoration as I once did. Original interior looks good except worn drivers' seat. Original owner had factory trailer hitch installed by dealer . Has Aftermarket heavy duty front bumper. This is ideal for someone wanting to restore an original car, or who has one with a bad chassis. Some plastic trim is missing, some have fallen off as mirror, cup holder, etc. that are in a box. Drivers lock & RR electric window not working. This is a lovely Land Rover that needs a loving owner.Pictures show condition very well.
Price $1,700
James Dean, Sebring Florida 33870.
Please contact by email jaguru@bellsouth.net or
Phone 954 524 7278. 10 AM-10 PM. Do NOT Text.