PDA

View Full Version : Serie IIA color

grsabourin
01-05-2020, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I'm progressing great in my Serie IIA 1964 restoration. I'm know at step to start to paint some body parts. I would like to get some advice to confirm original color. I'm hesitating between limestone and sand. This is a picture of a part that is back of the headlight. I assume this is mostly the original color. Thank you to let me know what color do you think it is.

Myron
01-06-2020, 05:36 PM
It certainly doesn't look like limestone, unless it has really darkened with age. Then again, it's hard to say for sure. Are your wheels limestone? Hold this part up against your wheels and see how different/alike they are.

grsabourin
01-06-2020, 10:44 PM
It certainly doesn't look like limestone, unless it has really darkened with age. Then again, it's hard to say for sure. Are your wheels limestone? Hold this part up against your wheels and see how different/alike they are.

Wheels are looking a lot more white than that.

TedW
01-16-2020, 01:58 PM
This is a previous owner respray color: you can see the overspray on the bowl components and on the plug / wires. And it's too dark to be limestone. Looks a bit like the beige color that Camel Trophy 110's were painted years ago.