PDA

View Full Version : 1956 Series 1 86" LHD

BellaCoola
01-22-2020, 01:36 PM
SOLD

Reluctant Sale due to upcoming move

1956 Series 1 86”
Numbers Matching
LHD sold in Vancouver Canada at Rootes Motors as 1 of 3 in the order. I suspect it was a Fleet truck originally (Hydro or Logging?)

I received this as a non runner, and proceeded over the next 3+ years did a frame off rebuild. It’s a “sympathetic” rebuild as I didn’t want to completely remove its previous adventures.

Frame:
New-2X bulkhead outriggers
New-Gearbox Crossmember
New-Left front dumbiron/spring hanger assembly (all items from Radfords, Scotland)
Bump stop plates removed and rust cut out and repaired
Rear Crossmember rear corners repaired
Entire frame coated with “Rust Bullet”, then topcoated with POR-15
Interior of frame wax coat treatment
New reproduction Series 1 Galvanized bumper
Complete New Brakes, lines and Series 2 Master Cylinder with Radfords conversion bracket. New complete exhaust
New AutoSpark period correct cloth Braided LR wiring Loom Positive Earth
New Fuel pump
Rebuilt Shin Burner Smiths Heater
Resurfaced Flywheel
New Clutch
New Rocky Mountain Parabolic Springs and Shocks

I tried to repair and reuse whenever possible the original fittings and original parts. Other than the rear taillights, a chip out of the horn assembly and later model wipers it’s completely original. The engine runs great. Original Solex could use a rebuild (I have kit), transmission, transfer case operate flawlessly. It even has the rear PTO shifter and mechanism, ready for farm tools etc. I’ve driven it less than 100 miles since restoration and the Rover is currently registered on Collector Plates in British Columbia. Many, Many spare parts will go with the vehicle, origianl 15” rims, starter, generator, brake drums, complete set of 86” galvanized capping, etc... I also have a complete (semi Restored) hardtop with windows and catflap)..personally I enjoy the top off...

I have been involved with Rovers for many years (currently own a LR3, Defender 110 and the Series 1) and also have been involved in the BC Roverlanders, although my biggest "Rover Accomplishment" was being part of the 2009 Canol Expedition in my 85 Series 3 109.

The vehicle is located in Squamish, B.C. Canada (30 mins from Vancouver on the way to Whistler Mountain).

Asking $20K USD

(http://www.lrsoc.com/forum/index.php?topic=10577.0)

80sailor
01-28-2020, 10:11 AM
That is stunning.

Best of luck with the sale!

BellaCoola
02-24-2020, 11:23 PM
Moved into storage (locally) still insured for test drives.

Put the partially restored hardtop on it.

$20k obo13244

mrdibbles
02-22-2021, 03:27 PM
Is this one still for sale? PM sent.

BellaCoola
04-12-2021, 06:43 PM
sold

baldy56
06-02-2021, 06:06 PM
Hi, I realize you've sold your Rover but wondering if it might be "related" to one that I just picked up. According to Dixon Kenner at ottawa valley land rovers, mine was built on Feb 8, 1956 and shipped to a Rootes dealer in Vancouver on March 20, 1956. I wonder if that's when yours was imported. Beautiful restoration job, by the way.