X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vermontrover
    Low Range
    • Oct 2006

Intake /exhaust manifold Tightening order

Hello, reinstalling a new intake manifold after I cracked last one perhaps upon installation. I know there’s an order to tightening bolts to prevent this which I thought I followed last time. So, do I tighten intake to exhaust first or intake to head first? Thanks dan
    1958 Series 1 88"
    1966 Series 2A 88"
    1975 Sereies 3 109" Carmichael Fire Truck
  • bfein1075
    Low Range
    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by vermontrover
    Hello, reinstalling a new intake manifold after I cracked last one perhaps upon installation. I know there’s an order to tightening bolts to prevent this which I thought I followed last time. So, do I tighten intake to exhaust first or intake to head first? Thanks dan
    Loosely tighten the manifolds together. Tighten both to the block, then tighten the two together.

Comment

• cedryck
      5th Gear
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by bfein1075
      Loosely tighten the manifolds together. Tighten both to the block, then tighten the two together.
      Haynes book said tighten vertical bolts holding manifolds together to 17 foot pounds.Said tighten bolts that hold manifold to block. quote "hard". As far as making tight the manifold bolts, seems I remember a conversation that said start from the middle and work towards the outer.
      Last edited by cedryck; 06-26-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...