PDA

View Full Version : Intake /exhaust manifold Tightening order

vermontrover
06-21-2020, 03:40 PM
Hello, reinstalling a new intake manifold after I cracked last one perhaps upon installation. I know there’s an order to tightening bolts to prevent this which I thought I followed last time. So, do I tighten intake to exhaust first or intake to head first? Thanks dan

bfein1075
06-25-2020, 11:32 AM
Hello, reinstalling a new intake manifold after I cracked last one perhaps upon installation. I know there’s an order to tightening bolts to prevent this which I thought I followed last time. So, do I tighten intake to exhaust first or intake to head first? Thanks dan

Loosely tighten the manifolds together. Tighten both to the block, then tighten the two together.

cedryck
06-26-2020, 09:37 AM
Loosely tighten the manifolds together. Tighten both to the block, then tighten the two together.
Haynes book said tighten vertical bolts holding manifolds together to 17 foot pounds.Said tighten bolts that hold manifold to block. quote "hard". As far as making tight the manifold bolts, seems I remember a conversation that said start from the middle and work towards the outer.