PDA

View Full Version : Red emblems front/rear on 1960's Series

Elsa
09-10-2020, 09:06 PM
I've seen a few 1960's Series std hardtops and also a SWG with red background color emblems (not usual black). Meaning the words "Land Rover" / "Land Rover Station Wagon" are unpainted as normal, but emblem background is red. They've been in the typical front/rear locations and looked very original, seemingly not painted by an owner.

Anyone know what the red emblems indicate, if anything, as opposed to the usual black ones?

jimrr
12-27-2020, 10:37 AM
this is a great question. I do believe I have seen one of these but it's been years. Could it be a Santana model?

Elsa
02-12-2021, 04:27 PM
I recently heard a restoration/service shop in Northern CA (name unknown) used to or still does paint them red. Not sure if that's the answer but could make sense since the ones I know of are mostly on the West Coast. Would still love to know more about these red emblems, if you have any knowledge.

roverp480
06-24-2021, 10:22 AM
Very first Series one 80" Land Rovers in 1948 had red background , I have not seen any other color than black for production on anything later, but you never know if anything special was made