PDA

View Full Version : pioneering

jimrr
10-31-2021, 11:18 AM
a friend and I took my series 3 up to around 5,000 ft. scouting for future fire wood and found a old skid trail heading up into a promising hill side and unknown ground beyond. after about a half mile driving on this hill side, so steep the vehicle could roll if you 'mis-stepped' the ruts, but after about half a mile we intercepted a old road good enough for log trucks but it hadn't been used in years and couldn't be accessed from the only road in the area.
a few times we had to work our way around some fallen trees but among the last before we turned around we did some real pioneering, with chain saw , shovels etc. right out of the Darien gap expeditions!!
My friend admitted his jeep wouldn't of done it, more, that he wouldn't of even tried.
I'll send a pic sometime of this rover ........... it's pretty beat up but you can see it gets around like a 4 wheeler!

cedryck
11-01-2021, 07:10 AM
Sounds good, would love to see some pictures of that outing. Sadly, that kind of activity where I live back East is far and few in between. With the Rural expansion, off road investigation is limited, and frowned upon.