PDA

View Full Version : Free Wheeling Hub Question

Poppy1969
02-19-2022, 08:33 AM
Hello. Can anyone identify the freewheeling hub setup my 1969 2A came with? I knew that what I had was some sort of freewheeling hub but until I opened up the axle I could not see how this actually worked. Now that is is apart I see exactly how it works. I have tried to research who made these and when with no luck so far.

The engage/disengage the hub you loosen the set screws on the sliders. The sliders are knocked out and then the two large round dowels are rotated 180 degrees. Then you knock the slider back and tighten the set screws. On the inside these round dowels have a cutout that will either lock to the axle shaft or not. I am traditionally used to the freewheeling hubs with the selector wheel you rotate .

jimrr
02-19-2022, 10:03 AM
yes, those are not too unfamiliar and i will try to remember the name............. could be a older warn but give me some time.

roverp480
02-19-2022, 01:03 PM
In am also thinking its an early version of one of the well known makes but cannot pinpoint which one

dhager
02-20-2022, 08:44 AM
Those are Dualmatic hubs

Poppy1969
02-20-2022, 04:19 PM
Thanks! Did a Google search on Dualmatic hubs... bingo. I had searched every which way and could never locate even a single picture that look right. Land Rover freewheeling hubs, Land Rover series locking hubs, locking hubs with sliders, etc... I must have done dozens of searches. Thanks again. Tom