PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt , Sholder Belt mount options for a Series 88 soft top.

TJR
01-23-2023, 09:58 PM
Good evening, I'm looking for some product feedback. For a Series III 88 with a soft top, does anyone have any positive or negative experience (fitment, quality, heft...etc?) with either of the following shoulder harness mounting option offer by RN?

Raised Seat Belt Bracket Set Series & Defender
Model #: RNA0016
Raised Seat Belt Bracket Set Series & Defender RNA0016 | Rovers North - Land Rover Parts and Accessories Since 1979 (https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/rna0016_raised_seat_belt_bracket_set_series_defend er)

Soft Top Front Seat Belt Bar For Defender Series
Model #: EXT500-1
Exmoor Trim Icon Exmoor Trim Part
Soft Top Front Seat Belt Bar For Defender Series EXT500-1 | Rovers North - Land Rover Parts and Accessories Since 1979 (https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/ext500-1_soft_top_front_seat_belt_bar_for_defender_series )

I've seen online videos of the one piece EXT500-1 used in restorations, and it looks decent, but the lateral cross bar seems like it could be in the way ?

Any installed pics of the single stanchion , 3-legged style to reference?

Thanks in advance... TJR

IppoJ
01-24-2023, 01:55 PM
Wondering the same thing.
I'd like shoulder belts but I don't want it to be a big ordeal installing them.

roverp480
01-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Wondering the same thing.
I'd like shoulder belts but I don't want it to be a big ordeal installing them.
Original 3 point Belts for the S2/2A and indeed early S3 , had the shoulder belt attached to the rear tub capping but its not recommended now as the loading pulls you down in the seat rather than restraining forward movement.

IppoJ
01-26-2023, 03:39 PM
Rovers North has a hoop set for shoulder belts but I couldn't find an installed photo.

williamdmann
11-14-2023, 04:28 PM
Hey TJR,

I just bought the Rovers North set and am curious if you ended up going that route? How was the installation process? Any tips or guidance?

Thanks!

jp-
11-14-2023, 08:56 PM
I installed the smaller individual side bars. I like them. But the positioning of the reel is very tight in a 109" if you are running a bed mounted spare tire. I didn't want the one with the cross bar because it impedes climbing into the bed if you don't want to undo the rear flap for the kids to get in.

My pics are at the bottom of this thread.
https://www.gunsandrovers.com/forum/guns-and-rovers-main/current-projects/215638-shoulder-belts

roverp480
11-15-2023, 11:08 AM
I am not sure if these parts are still available but this is what I used on my last S3 back in the 1980's. It allows the reel to fit to the rear tub capping on 88" vehicles . The belt reel was designed to fit tilted forward at an angle so the belt webbing had a strait run to the upper anchorage.
This shows the actual parts which I am sure could be reproduced - 14448

TJR
12-29-2023, 11:25 PM
Hey TJR,

I just bought the Rovers North set and am curious if you ended up going that route? How was the installation process? Any tips or guidance?

Thanks!

I also ended up buying the 3-legged L&R galv. mounts from RN, but I have not installed them yet.

TJR
12-29-2023, 11:26 PM
I am not sure if these parts are still available but this is what I used on my last S3 back in the 1980's. It allows the reel to fit to the rear tub capping on 88" vehicles . The belt reel was designed to fit tilted forward at an angle so the belt webbing had a strait run to the upper anchorage.
This shows the actual parts which I am sure could be reproduced - 14448

I like that, thank you.. I should have looked at my parts book too.