PDA

View Full Version : Front Apron (valance) for 1964 Series IIa

Acerostone
04-17-2023, 05:37 PM
First post. Just got series IIa and I’m looking for a front apron. It currently has a winch installed where the apron would normally be. As I understand, there are two styles; flat or rounded. Does anyone know which style would have been used in 1964? I can’t seem to find a definitive answer? Thanks!

jimrr
04-17-2023, 09:13 PM
First post. Just got series IIa and I’m looking for a front apron. It currently has a winch installed where the apron would normally be. As I understand, there are two styles; flat or rounded. Does anyone know which style would have been used in 1964? I can’t seem to find a definitive answer? Thanks!
you haven't specified whether it is a capstan or a pto winch, pulls rope or cable on a drum but as far as I know once you elect to install either the 'shroud' goes into storage till you later deal with it.
my S3 has a koenig pto on it, the 'shroud' is in the basement in some box.
Land Rovers are meant to look like a tool box on wheels, there is no giving them any "contemporary" look. !!

Acerostone
04-18-2023, 07:35 AM
you haven't specified whether it is a capstan or a pto winch, pulls rope or cable on a drum but as far as I know once you elect to install either the 'shroud' goes into storage till you later deal with it.
my S3 has a koenig pto on it, the 'shroud' is in the basement in some box.
Land Rovers are meant to look like a tool box on wheels, there is no giving them any "contemporary" look. !!

It's a koenig PTO winch that I want to remove.

jp-
04-18-2023, 04:19 PM
The flat panel is typically regarded as a Series 2 (58-61) feature, but some may have carried over into early 2A's (62 or 63).

The rounded panel is what most 2A's had.

Myron
04-18-2023, 07:34 PM
I have a 64 SIIA 88 with Aeroparts capstan, and it had the rounded apron. I think a previous owner must've customized it by cutting out the center to accommodate the winch. Sorry I don't have a better picture, but if you zoom in you can see what I'm talking about.

Myron

https://i.imgur.com/wl4gCv6.jpg

roverp480
04-19-2023, 11:25 AM
I have just asked the question on The Land Rover Series Two Club forum and late 1963 would seem to be the change point to the one piece curved apron . My S2 parts book is silent on the change point , just refers to both and a note "check before ordering".
Edit;- Another post suggests the curved panel came in early 1963 with Chassis Suffix B vehicles

Acerostone
04-21-2023, 08:53 PM
Thank you to everyone who replied. I ordered the curved apron.