PDA

View Full Version : Installing shoulder belt kit - which fasteners go where?

IIA
04-27-2023, 07:35 PM
I'm installing this kit from our hosts:
https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/plf353_seat_belt_assembly_3_point_shoulder_harness _for_series_iia_iii_rh_or_lh_side

The instructions that come with it are useless and the diagram online doesn't match the kit. Could someone help me figure out which nuts and bolts go on which attachment point?

roverp480
04-28-2023, 02:51 AM
The stepped spacers are used with a wavy washer for fixing the ends of the webbing and allows the belt to swivel. The none stepped spacer is used with the stalk and that is fixed solidly to the seat box. . Presumably your vehicle has the anchorages fitted ?14282

IIA
04-28-2023, 09:00 AM
Thanks

charles1943
04-28-2023, 06:20 PM
Your diagramme looks correct....but (!!!) the bracket might hit the seat box flange which u might (!!!) b able 2 correct with a longer bolt and a few washers.....or a lot of washers. Just a wild guess. Good luck. Gotta get innovative, mate.

IIA
05-03-2023, 04:07 PM
I'm still having trouble attaching the buckle/stalk. My understanding is that the tab on the end bolts flush/parallel with the tub. But when I bend the stalk to get it between the seats, it seems to be at an awkward angle. Is this right? I asked our hosts and they said there's no such thing as a bracket that would allow it to be bolted to the tub at a 90 degree angle. Stalks for the Defender have a built-in bend but I can't tell if they're compatible with the other part of the belt that goes into the buckle.

roverp480
05-04-2023, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=IIA;113276]I'm still having trouble attaching the buckle/stalk. My understanding is that the tab on the end bolts flush/parallel with the tub. But when I bend the stalk to get it between the seats, it seems to be at an awkward angle. Is this right? I asked our hosts and they said there's no such thing as a bracket that would allow it to be bolted to the tub at a 90 degree angle. Stalks for the Defender have a built-in bend but I can't tell if they're compatible with the other part of the belt that goes into the buckle.
/QUOTE]
My own view is that the buckle is not fit for use on that application and I would return it and say as much . I see that RN do state that the buckle with the crank is for Series and Defender which seems contrary to their statement to you about the angle of fitting . From RN web page the defender type would not fit with the Securon belt. I certainly would not try to match another manufactures parts. The only way would be to use an. L' shaped bracket to the panel, which would then allow the buckle to turn 90 degrees and be at the correct angle . Securon do make them. brackets.jpg (939×1347) (securon.co.uk) (http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/extras/brackets.jpg)