PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Series IIA 88" For Sale Metrowest Boston-back on the market

GFelicio
08-29-2023, 02:24 PM
Originally posted for sale here back on 8/29. Indecision on my part and a lack of a buyer led me to take the ad down about a month later. I've finally decided that I'm ready to sell. I may regret doing it but I want to go back to motorcycles while I'm still capable and return to Rovers when I'm too old for bikes.

I bought the truck during the Covid lockdown as part of an estate sale in Maine. The original tub and hardtop had been removed and a custom body had been created (see attached photo).
The tub and roof had been stored outdoors. The exterior of the tub was mostly down to bare aluminum (pictures available). I removed the custom body, had the exterior of the original tub painted, and re-skinned the rear door. After welding new body mounting tabs to the rear crossmember (they had been removed when the custom body was created), I bolted everything back together. With some fresh gas, fluid changes, and a new rear wiring harness, the truck was registered, inspected, and back on the road.

2.25 engine, Zenith carb, 4-speed non-synchro 1st and 2nd gears.

Fires up immediately when cold. Harder to start when warm...maybe a vapor lock issue. A bit of a flat spot on acceleration from a standstill. I routinely drive it on day trips to Western MA and Southern NH in nice weather without issues. Recently added tubeless rims and tires. Original tube-type rims included.

Also included in the sale are 2 additional transmissions (1 of which has an overdrive unit), a spare 2.25 engine, front end, rear end, and many additional parts.

Available to view in Metrowest Massachusetts.

$15,000 / offers / trade for R1250GS

GFelicio
01-28-2024, 10:17 AM
Custom body in place when I bought it. Tub and roof prior to installation. Some of the spare parts included.