PDA

View Full Version : Water in front floorboard - '95 Classic LWB

savsmiledoc
08-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I noticed water soaking through the carpet and floormats of front floorboard. Last rain storm was 7 days prior. Hot weather recently - been running the A/C. Seems like too much water for condensation.

Any ideas? Fixes?

morrij6
08-12-2007, 07:33 PM
If the water is only on the passenger side then I'd suspect blocked or broken drains from your AC. If it's BOTH foot wells then you may have a leaking heater core.

Keep an eye on your coolant level. Use your nose too. Sniff around the wet area. Coolant has a distinct smell. Something different than just musty carpet.

Or... it could just be water from the rain which hasn't been able to evaporate away.

jason
90rrc
rovermechanic.com

Ed*
08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
you may want to take out the inside plastic panels in the foot well and have a buddy use a hose to see if water soaks in. You shuould be able to see it if you use a flashlight while they use the hose. Mine was leaking in from the seam right above and behind the glove box (or on the outside right under the cowel)

if it is rust and a little whole it is much better to get it taken care of now and not let the rust eat a bigger hole