PDA

View Full Version : Hardtop roof lining

MJL
11-17-2023, 05:21 PM
Has anyone replaced the roof lining in their Series III recently. Any pointers on where the appropriate parts can be sourced? Tips on installation etc. Mine had developed a number of areas that appear to be black mildew and bleach isn't removing it.

Thanks
Mike

roverp480
11-19-2023, 05:19 PM
I recovered all the parts on a hardtop roof lining and all the other items of trim with the same outer using new material from LR . Unfortunately it is, as far as I know, now not available to buy by the yard. I stripped off the original and replaced with new. The hardest was sewing up the head lining to fit onto the old frame . A domestic sewing machine was up to the job as the material is not too thick. Presumably yours is Oatmeal , a brown fleck on a cream textured background. Are there any shops local to you that do car interiors/trimming who might have similar material

charles1943
11-20-2023, 01:26 PM
Regrettably unless u r a seasoned [experienced] upholstery expert the job usually results in a headliner that sags and wrinkles and doesn't match the original. This standard is 4 those who require showroom-quality....5% of owners?

MJL
11-21-2023, 10:35 AM
Regrettably unless u r a seasoned [experienced] upholstery expert the job usually results in a headliner that sags and wrinkles and doesn't match the original. This standard is 4 those who require showroom-quality....5% of owners?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know what you mean about leaving things to an experienced upholstery expert. Years ago I attempted to replace the sagging headlining on a RR Classic. It looked great for a month or two then started to droop again in places.
I'm looking into the replacement linings that a company in Scotland make. LaSalle-trim.co.uk.

Poppy1969
12-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Hello. Here is what I did on my truck. I would recommend to have the top off the truck and do not attempt if weather is too cold. I used this sound deadening product.

https://a.co/d/7JhH1FF

There are usually many sellers of this product on eBay or Amazon.

For the headliner I bought this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/195990050265?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=HF_9SzzATw-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=1XjeWtVNSte&var=495854373143&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I am not an upholstery expert but it was not too difficult to install. Again having the top of the car made the work much easier.