PDA

View Full Version : Sereis 2a Door Latch, replacement not available, any experience repairing original ?

fowler1400
04-13-2024, 02:37 PM
My 1971 series 2a original left, drivers side door latch is worn and not working. Looks like there is no replacement available for it. Anyone have any experience repairing the original ? I saw some folks use a series 3 latch, I will not hack my nice original land rover drilling holes for that. Pics attached. Thanks for your help1458314582

roverp480
04-15-2024, 04:27 PM
My 1971 series 2a original left, drivers side door latch is worn and not working. Looks like there is no replacement available for it. Anyone have any experience repairing the original ? I saw some folks use a series 3 latch, I will not hack my nice original land rover drilling holes for that. Pics attached. Thanks for your help1458314582
I haven't seen one of these locks before, but I wonder if any of these latches may help although if you want to retain the key locking it would need involve modifications to the outer door panel, which I realise you dont want . Land Rover Series Door Locks, Handles & Hinges | John Craddock Ltd (https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/series/parts/body-and-fittings/door-locks-handles-and-hinges/)

siiirhd88
04-18-2024, 09:04 AM
Those latches were used for only a short time as a generally unsuccessful attempt at an anti-burst lock. I've had a few and all have been in poor condition. I've never tried to repair one. After a rollover event when both doors opened we replaced the latches with the much better Series III type of anti-bust locks on all of our trucks.

Bob

charles1943
04-30-2024, 02:46 PM
"Replacements not available"? Who've you been talking to??? We've had them on the shelf for the past 40 years. Dare Britannia, Ltd.. NOS Genuine Land-Rover

britrover
05-03-2024, 01:31 PM
I have a set of these latches available that are in good condition - I've sent you a PM with some pics and price