PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Brit military Series III, 109 Soft top

james childress
08-16-2007, 11:34 PM
For sale is a 1973 Decommissioned British military Land Rover Series III 109, 2.25L gas engine. $5,000

This baby is a Soft Top, right hand drive Series Rover with about 80,000 miles on it, a few dings from years of service in Her Majesty's military but a new X-9 SuperWinch bolted to the front. Needs new brakes but engine is in good shape with new Weber carb, plugs, wires, distributor and rotor. Military convoy lighting and NATO paint scheme. This is a 12 volt model
and numerous spare parts (points, distributor cap, belts and other assorted odds and ends) are included.

This one has the optional side troop seats in the back.
Current canvas top is shredded from last season off roading.
I still have the original canvas top from the Brit Mil/NATO paint scheme in the garage, it's in good shape and doesn't have any rips in it.

E-mail me if you're serious. I'll be more than happy to help with shipping to where ever you might be.
James

TCapelle
04-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Hello- If you have the soft top and can post a picture that would be great
How much?
Thx,
Tim

ducttape
04-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Hi James

Where are you located? Better pictures available? Especially the frame? Thx David

Daurie
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I too would like more info/pictures.

I'd email him but there is no email listed in the message, and he must have set his preferences to hide email address.

Seems to be alot of first time posts pop up here with possibly decent buys but they leave no real contact info an never check this board again!! LOL :rolleyes: Hopefully this guy will check back in.

O'Brien
04-14-2008, 12:56 AM
i've driven this particular SIII. james is a super great guy. I haven't seen this posted recently on Craigslist here in Los Angeles, so I would imagine that he may have sold it. If anyone has more questions, i could probably search through my email and share his address with you. PM me.:thumb-up:

derekchace
07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Is the rover still for sale please contact me
Derek