PDA

View Full Version : Need Height measurement for 73 Series III 88

SweetPear
08-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I am trying to figure out the height measurement from ground to top of stock 88 with standard springs. I am going to be purchasing my brothers 88 in Vermont and transporting it in my enclosed trailer back to North Carolina but not sure if it will fit height wise. This vehicle has the standard hardtop. Was trying to avoid removing the hardtop and windshield as there is some rust on the bulkhead and afraid what might happen when the windshield is lowered. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know it also depends on what tires are installed but if I could get a ballpark I can then estimate what I need to do to make it fit. Thanks again.

Chad Pearson

LH Drive
08-22-2007, 11:34 AM
My series 3 is pretty stock exept for the taller tires. It's rolling on new 265/75/16 Dunlop Mud Rover tires. Ground to top its 77 1/2" tall with the tropical top. You can take off about an inch if you don't have the tropical top. From the ground to the bottom of the 16" rim its 6 1/2" of tire. You could always deflate all 4 tires just before you load it on the trailer.
I remember this was a huge consern when I was looking for a house w/garage to lease. Most garage doors were shorter than my Series Rover. I finally found one with an 84" tall entrance.

KevinNY
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Let the air out of the tires if you need couple of inches.

SweetPear
08-22-2007, 12:05 PM
I am going to have to do some figuring but it will be close. I believe the vehicle is running 265 tires on 15" rims. Thanks again for the quick response.
Will let everyone know how it goes.

Chad