PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a Plow for a series III 88 or 109? Vermont

SweetPear
08-22-2007, 09:35 AM
I am acquiring a 1973 Series III 88 from a family member in Vermont and currently has a plow attached (meyers hydraulic I think). This will be removed prior to me bringing it back home to NC as I plan on fixing it up and then eventually bringing it to my house in the Spanish Virgin Islands to use as an island vehicle. Not much use for a plow in the islands unless you plan on pushing sand around. Vehicle is located approx. 30 minutes from Rovers North headquarters in Northern Vermont. Would be willing to swap complete plow setup for any misc. Series III parts that I might need for restification of the old girl. Let me know if you have interest as I might be moving the vehicle in the next week or so. Get ready for the snow....It happens every year whether you like it or not.
Here are some pictures of the plow and the attachment to the frame.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/leathermanvt/DSCN1514.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/leathermanvt/DSCN1513.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/leathermanvt/DSCN1516.jpg

Chad Pearson

LH Drive
08-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Your 73 series 3 has an early 69-71 series llA metal grill and badge. If the interior dash is also metal it may not be a 73 at all. Not bad as most think thats the last real series trucks made before they made them fancy by adding plastic. They should have left the plastic stuff for the Range Rovers.

SweetPear
08-22-2007, 12:44 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/leathermanvt/DSCN1492.jpg

Take a look at this dash assembly and tell me if it is a 73 series III or an earlier IIA.... Now you have me confused. Either way...I am going to get the vehicle and would love to give the plow to someone in need before it goes in the scrap metal bin.

Thanks

LH Drive
08-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah thats a Series 3 dash. My Rover also came with the llA metal grill and badge. I found a used S3 plastic grill on e-bay for .99 cents a while back. I also like the look of the llA grill and I switch grills now and then to keep the public wondering. Kinda like getting a hair cut and see if anyone will notice.

Leslie
08-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Don't be confused: you're right, you have a SIII. Not only by the dash, but if you look at where the windscreen hinges are, it's the squared tower (SIII-only), all IIa's had a vertical plate, and Defenders have ones that bolt onto the windscreen and the bulkhead directly, w/o the tower. That's the easiest way to tell from the outside, because all the other bits are interchangable (wings, grille, bonnets, etc.). It's easy to make a III (superficially) look like a Defender, or a IIa, but those hinge mounts are pretty much fixed w/o a LOT more work....

Leslie
08-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Doh! Simultaneous posting.

Anyway, yep.... I've got a IIa grill on my III, too.... (the III grill is hanging in the garage).

As far as the plow... it's cool, I'd like to have it for the novelty of it, but, I don't need it, don't have parts to trade, isn't worth coming up after.... Good luck w/ it, tho'... someone in that neck of the woods is possibly looking for such....

FWIW...

Pete
08-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Chad. Hate to see the plow go into the scrap pile. I may be interested in it. Shoot me a message at pgrosso@maine.rr.com

Pete

Tim Smith
08-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Chad,
I could use some old farmers chains like those. If you are going to toss those too then any way you can toss them out the window on your way through lower CT on it's way home?

Just tell me where abouts you tossed them out (highway and exit #) and I'll find them.

Cheers,
Tim "Dumpster Diving" Smith

Cristina
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
If it does not work out with the person before me I would be interested in the plow. Email me at ccalado1@yahoo.com or you can call me 908-578-5040.
Thanks

Cristina

Tim Smith
08-23-2007, 03:16 PM
If it does not work out with the person before me I would be interested in the plow. Email me at ccalado1@yahoo.com or you can call me 908-578-5040.
Thanks

Cristina
You mean the chains?

At first I was thinking that we might have an olde fashioned scavenger hunt on our hands but your area code is in NJ. Chad would have to have one heck of a bad throwing arm to miss by that much.

:p
He he he...

Tim Smith
08-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Doh! Just re-read your post Cristina... "I would be interested in the plow" was missed the first time round.

Still funny though.

SweetPear
08-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I would have to have a pretty good arm to be able to throw those chains all the way from NY border into Redding CT:p

Cristina, I sent you an email.

Tim Smith
08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
I would have to have a pretty good arm to be able to throw those chains all the way from NY border into Redding CT...

Okay, then just throw them *at* Connecticut. I'm in NY all the time and know that my spidey-senses work just as well over the border.

:D