PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

skarvo
08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
My Cruise control was working until the other day anybody have an answer for me thanks for your help. Its on a 1995 disco 1. Thanks again:confused:

Leslie
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm assuming that the light on the switch is still coming on, but it's jsut not actually engaging, correct?

Check your vaccum lines under your hood. One has cracked on the end and popped off, is my guess.

FWIW...

skarvo
08-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah the light is still coming on but it wont engage, thanks for the tip will do.

skarvo
08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Checked the vacume lines did change on that had a poopy end on it, no change, not sure on this one, any advice would be great.

alligatorfoot
09-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I have the same condition on my Disco 1 (1999). Where exactly is the vacuum line in the engine bay and where does it go to/from?

TSR53
09-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Follow the vacuum line that attaches to the rubber bladder in the engine compartment to ALL the connections and make sure there are no vacuum leaks. This is a starting point.

Recently, I was helping a Discovery I owner try to locate the best place to fit a Hella light wiring through the bulkhead and low and behold on our company Land Rover the "Y" cruise control line junction (near the bulkhead and brake booster) appeared to be normal until I touched it... :eek:.

The vacuum line was cracked on the underside.
Here is the thread >> http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1459

Cruise control vacuum line goes down tot he "Y" in the area near the red arrow.
http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/RN-Forum/users/TSR53/Discovery-I-bulkhead.jpg

luckyjoe
09-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I finally tired of this re-occuring, and replaced ALL the vacuum hose - from the brake switch though the bulkhead, to the T-piece and vacuum pump under the left headlight.

No more problems... and working CC!

Regards,

alligatorfoot
09-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Thank you so very much for the advice (right on target). Although I feel unbelievably stupid that my cruise control wasn't working because of a disconnected vacuum tube I think that I can get over it quickly given that a mechanic didn't have the opportunity to empty my pockets. The issue was that it was disconnected where the line runs to the other side of the brake booster to where it connects to the throttle wires.

skarvo
09-12-2007, 08:29 AM
thanks for the tips guys will have jim check that "y" and underneath and see what happens i to think it should be simple as it was working and then just didn't but yet the light comes on. thanks again will keep you updated.:)