PDA

View Full Version : Won't Stay Running

WHM304
11-01-2006, 06:24 PM
I've been going crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with my car. If anyone has any ideas please help. I'm over 100 miles from a shop that i know of.

First it is a 2000 DII with 90k.

No service engine soon light.

The car will turn over, start, then idle for maybe three seconds then just shut off like I turned off the key. If you push the gas pedal more than 3/4 of the way down it will run above 2500rpm, but as soon as I let off or it falls below 2000rpm it will die no matter how much gas i give it.

I've done fuel pressure test to see if that was the problem but I don't think it is. When i put 12v stright to the pump it makes 50psi. Also when I start the car, the fuel pressure never falls below 45 during the few seconds that it is running. When the car is turning over before startup the pressure seems to jump between 45-60psi and then stabilizes at around 47-50psi once running.

I've moved around my relays, jumped 12v pass the fuel relay, checked every fuse, and jiggled every wire on the thing.

What other things should I try and test? Could a vac*** test tell me anything? Where do i go from here, or should i just break down and pay to tow it to the shop and pay a real mechanic?

It has a brand new battery and crankshaft position sensor. The plug wires, mass air flow meter, and O2 sensors were replaced 5k ago and the plugs have about 12k on them.

Any help is greatly Appreciated, Thanks!

singingcamel
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
??stepper motor or throttle positioning sensor??

boyofcows2
01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
I haven't worked on a Rover engine yet, but I know on most vehicles that the throttle body, specifically the idle bypass, needs cleaned occasionally. Let us know what you find out!