PDA

View Full Version : parabolics

ctrover
08-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Do they make any parabolics out there that dont raise your ride up?I need to replace just my rear springs but dont want the rover to looked "jacked up".I like my stock tires.

Terrys
08-28-2007, 07:52 AM
I wouldn't think it's a good idea to mix and match parabolics with conventional multi-leaf springs, especially parabolics in the rear and conventional in the front. You could have some unusual handling characteristics in a hard turn manuver at speed.

yorker
08-28-2007, 09:20 AM
it will looked jacked up regardless with new springs on the rear and old ones on the front.

PH4
08-28-2007, 02:40 PM
I just replaced the springs on my 1972 109 SW and I was concerned about the same thing but was pleasantly surprised that it really did not make a big difference. I did the two leaf front and the three leaf rear. I think it would make a big difference on a military chasis.

badvibes
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Do they make any parabolics out there that dont raise your ride up?I need to replace just my rear springs but dont want the rover to looked "jacked up".I like my stock tires.

CTROVER-

If your curent suspension is wasted, mine was, 3 out of 4 springs with at least 1 broken leaf in it, a new suspension will probably sit a little higher. I went with a standard 88 set of springs. 9 leaf front 11 leaf rear if I remember correctly. But the new suspension didn't look "jacked up" at all. My tires are 235x85x16 and look fine. My suspension has @ 6000 miles on it now, My friend who also has a '64 2A put a set of parabolics on his truck this year. The height of the bodies between both trucks is within 1/2 inch of each other. We both thought the paras would sit a couple of inches higher than a standard suspension but it didn't. He also runs 235x85s. I don't know what brand springs he went with but I'll see if he can post up some information.

Jeff

My buddy says his parabolics are made by "Rocky Mountain." 2 leaf front, 3 leaf rear.

scott
09-01-2007, 09:59 PM
the paras ride alot smoother in my opinion. no offense jeff

badvibes
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
the paras ride alot smoother in my opinion. no offense jeff

None taken! I agree!

Jeff

luckyjoe
09-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I think it would make a big difference on a military chasis.

CTrover - is is a military chassis?

Regards,