PDA

View Full Version : Warn Freewheeling Hubs

srady
08-31-2007, 07:01 PM
I have the warn hubs on my series 3. Does anyone know what P/N or style are used on series vehicles? I have one that is stuck and would like to replace them or get a re-build kit. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Scott

jac04
09-03-2007, 07:24 AM
IIRC, they are the M-11 hubs. Many years ago, I bought one of only 2 sets still available from Warn. I also bought what they had left of bolts/lockwashers & gaskets, which wasn't too much. I suggest contacting Warn directly. They are very helpful.

LH Drive
09-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Srady when you say stuck,,what do you mean... I also have WARN locking hubs on my rover. If you are on 4Wheel Drive you will only be able to unlock one hub. Place the t-case in 2-high and you can lock or unlock both hubs. I always have to lock my hubs first before I put the t-case in 4WD.

I Leak Oil
09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Most likely you have the M-11 hubs but Warn did make a newer style for the series truck. Post a picture and we'll be able to tell. The M-11's are very simple but you're SOL if you want replacement parts from Warn. The dial is most likely stuck because of lack of lubrication or the case got hit and is pinching the dial...or it's grenaded and you'll need a replacement. Take it apart and you'll find out quickly what it is.
Jason T.

yorker
09-04-2007, 09:37 AM
If yopu need spares Ike Goss might have some bits or complete sets. http://www.pangolin4x4.com/Either that or just swap back to drive flanges.

109sixer
09-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Hello,

A friend of mine gave me a set that were stuck a while back. I took
them apart by removing 6 bolts. I found that someone had used liqiud
gasket material in the past and it had ooosed into the bearings, making
them stick.

It was a simple thing to take them apart to clean and fabricate new gaskets
using sheet gasket material and a compas with a cutting edge. You'll
need to cut two gaskets per hub.

good luck.