PDA

View Full Version : NAS D90 Frame Off Restoration New 300tdi Galvanized Frame

lr_nasd90
09-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Some of the things done to the truck are: (in no particular order…way too much stuff to remember, I know I have forgotten many things, also all items listed as new have a little over 6500 miles on them now) Frame (original frame, VIN # visible on front right frame), fuel tank skid, 300tdi cross member, SG 3-link cross member, inner fenders, inner fender brackets, roll cage parts under truck, steel parts of seat box, bulkhead, body capping, as well as many small steel brackets were all hot dipped galvanized.

Entire interior of truck tub, bulkhead, seat box, top and doors has been Dynamatted
Full Genuine LR Rubber bulkhead, seat box, floor, and tunnel cover
New Genuine LR full roll up doors for the front and a new one for the rear
Converted to SW with NAS SW roof
New genuine LR sunroof kit (installed).
New Updated hinges on front doors and rear
Stainless hardware used extensively on truck (all doors hinges and everywhere else possible)
New Safety Devices full external roll cage
Safety Device rear ladder
New Shrockworks deluxe tire carrier with Jerry-can and hi-lift holders
New Scorpion Racing tree sliders (hot dipped galvanized then painted)
All new body seals
New windshield
New windshield wiper body, blades, arms
New Alpine White paint
New LaSalle headliner and SW side trims
New take out cloth seat in front (truck had about 20k on it when seat where removed, excellent condition, with Badger water proof seat cover seat covers, Black/grey
Momo sport steering wheel (leather rapped)
New Alpine Radio (made for use with ipod)
New Iron Goat Dash pod (complete with all switches)
New Heavy Duty 12vdc power port
New VDO gauges…oil pressure, water temp, pyrometer (egt gauge)
New Speedometer with correct rebuild mileage on it
Safari Guard Bumper with integrated skid plate (and two “D” ring, recovery points)
Warn M8000 winch
New Hellas 80/120 watt Headlights with heavy duty wiring harness
New lamps all around.
New Mantec snorkel
New Stainless steel hood pins
New ProComp Xterrans (5) 33X12.5X15 (less than 5k miles)
New 15x7 Rock Crusher black steel wheels (5)
New Black steel wheel lug nuts
Genuine Land Rover 300tdi conversion kit
New 2003 spec 300tdi engine with all new ancillaries
New 2003 spec R380
New 2003 LT-230, 1.4 ratios
New radiator
New spec plastic/rubber fuel lines
Genuine LR water separator, new
New custom Allard Phase 2 intercooler, with silicone intercooler hoses, stainless intercooler pipe
All bits required to fit 300tdi were factory new
New brake lines
New Oil cooler lines
New clutch lines
New Master and slave cylinder
New 300 tdi a/c system (the whole system is new)
New Scorpion Racing Evolution suspension kit, which includes new trailing arms, new spring retainers, new stainless steel brake lines, new extended bump stops, new spring dislocation cones front and rear, rear shock 2” drop kit.
New OME suspension, 764's front, 781's rear, OME shocks and steering stabilizer
Rebuilt steering box and steering drop arm
New Tom Woods multiple double-cardon front driveshaft
Rear driveshaft has new Genuine U-joints
New Rear driveshaft
New HD Drag Link from Rovertracks
All ball joints replaced, including ball joint on rear a-arm
New front rotors and pads
New Safari Gard 3 link
Galvanized Atlantic British front/rear diff protector
New Genuine LR lenses guards front and rear.
New matte fender flares
New custom made low profile (hot dipped galvanized) roof rack (will fit in to the garage)
New external mounted GPS (USB) antenna
Vector Maxx SST 350watt inverter
New Genuine front floor mats
Two rear load space mats in rear
New Dual Battery system
New Red top (starting battery)
New Yellow top (for running accessories, winch, ECT...)

Basically every part of the truck is new. I would not say it is perfect, but it was meant to be used and is way better than factory new (in my opinion). This was a very high quality rebuild with no cut corners. I have not had a chance to rebuild the Stock front and rear axles and differentials (3rd members); they have 98,000 miles on them. I haven’t had any problems with them so I did not rebuild them yet. The LaSalle side interior trim has not been installed in the truck, I was trying to buy the original factory trim to install instead. The LaSalle trim is included with truck. On my vacation the water temp sending unit stop working, don’t know why, it is brand new so must have just been faulty. The complete truck has a new Alpine White (ppg paint code 90991) paint job better than factory, that is except the doors. In haste to prepare for my trip, I changed out the soft top door for full roll up doors and decided to spray the doors myself. The doors have tons of paint on them, so they can easily be fixed, but I am not a painter at all and consequently there are many paint runs on the doors. I was going to fix it when I got back, but have not had a chance to do it yet. Not too noticeable…in the dark!! I figured I would scratch them up on my trip anyway. Plus I was suffering from builder’s burn out. nefron@swbell.net Hannibal Tent not included, but can be purchased with truck. $48900.00 Follow link to pictures.

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=nefron&P=&AID=4546411&CID=589428&T=1&E=Y&ILD=3413161

lr_nasd90
10-11-2007, 06:51 PM
SOLD