PDA

View Full Version : 1992 discovery or 1994 RH drive disco 1?

daniel of venezuela
09-03-2007, 10:54 PM
I have the opportunity to purshase a 1992 Disco I that needs some new parts.Does RN has parts for this Disco or does someone in the US? or insted I also have the chance to buy a 1994 RH Disco I in good general conditions and low price. Big question: appart fron changing the dash board, panhard rod, brake cilinder, lines, steering box, electric wire system?. What else I'm missing? Does somebody has done this change? I's possible? How much I have to invest? thank you guys!

IIA Lightweight
09-07-2007, 08:31 PM
You will get used to it in a short time... and it's fun to see the people look at you.

Paul Grant
09-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Here in the US I sell parts to a couple of people from the Phillippines who import Discos from Japan. Vehicles are righthand drive in Japan so they buy components from me to convert to left hand drive. One of the items you're missing in your list is the right hand swivel ball housing that needs to be changed.

It's annoying enough a task to perform in and old Series IIa with a simple metal dash. On a Disco, even without airbags like the ones you are looking at, I have to believe that it is a pretty substantial mod to switch from right to lefthand drive. If you are really sold on the idea of an inexpensive righthand Disco, I would take IIA Lightweight's advice to heart. It would be a shame to get a good deal on a truck only to have it turn into a money pit as you get yourself in over your head trying to do this sort of conversion.

LaneRover
09-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I have a righthand drive 1969 109 pick-up and the first time I drove it I felt like an inebriated chimp. I had never shifted with my left hand before! Within a day or two it was easy. It is especially fun when I have my dog with me and she sits in the 'drivers' seat. I have even had people get out of their car at a stop light to take a picture.

So I also agree, just drive it!

Brent

daniel of venezuela
09-08-2007, 07:50 PM
thank you guys for your advise, I better forget this Disco and try to find another Disco,actually I trying to buy a 1994 camel trophy demo Disco,this is a not original camel trophy Disco,its a replica built by land rover for exibition?,if I buy this Disco I`ll tell you latter, thank you!