PDA

View Full Version : Slightly tilted...

xrover
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
My 73 SIII has always tilted a bit to the drivers side. Maybe 1 inch.

I would love to remedy this but, dont want to spring for new springs just yet.

Would a new set of HD shocks do anything?

rovertek
09-06-2007, 01:50 PM
the only right way to address the problem is new springs, and i have had the same problem after time with new aftermarket springs, but meanwhile you can switch the left springs with the right springs front and back this is a temp fix that works.....

xrover
09-06-2007, 02:12 PM
perfect. I was just looking for some deals on springs. I might just try the switch thing to deal with it till I buy some.

Thanks...

LaneRover
09-06-2007, 02:18 PM
You could always pile up a bunch of old window weights on the high side....

Of course they should be duct taped in place for safety! Not too much duct tape of course, that way in a roll over they will come louse and smash out all of your windows (missing you of course) allowing you to crawl free of the wreckage!

Tim Smith
09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
You could always pile up a bunch of old window weights on the high side....

Of course they should be duct taped in place for safety! Not too much duct tape of course, that way in a roll over they will come louse and smash out all of your windows (missing you of course) allowing you to crawl free of the wreckage!
:eek:
I know the duct tape suggestion was in jest but having personally ducked out of the way of a floor jack (moving at a high rate of speed while finding a window to escape) in my youth, I can whole heartedly tell you that your theory is slightly flawed.
:p

Looks good on paper but so did the Hindenburg.

xrover
09-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm just glad that the (missing you of course) was directed at the window weights.

LaneRover
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm just glad that the (missing you of course) was directed at the window weights.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Tim Smith
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm slightly tilted too. Nothing to do with my floor jack ducking youth but definitely something to do with my parabolics. I think they are Rocky Mountains, not sure, but they were installed before I bought the truck. Perhaps the truck was left parked in a really bad position for a really long time too. Couldn't tell you either way.

Only cheap fix I've heard is switching them from side to side. The permanent fix would be something like getting a set of originals put on there. I'm way too cheap for that though. :p

Cheers,
Tim

SeaMiler
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I tilt left too - like most things about mine, I find it endearing.

tallest1
09-07-2007, 08:31 AM
i tilt left (or right - can't recall) ...... with my new parabolics :)

scott
09-07-2007, 10:28 AM
do all you leftist have lhd? mine sits nice but the prabolics are fairly new. my spitfire list left. do the rhd list right?

BackInA88
09-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Mine leans to which ever of my side tanks are full.:thumb-up:

xrover
09-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I decided to let the air out of the right side tires and pump up the left side till it was straight. Looks straight now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Leak Oil
09-09-2007, 05:49 AM
I decided to let the air out of the right side tires and pump up the left side till it was straight. Looks straight now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a Firestone tech tip! When I first put my RM springs on it listed too. Ray W. recommended swapping sides with the springs, which I did and it made no difference. He sent me a new spring, free of charge, to install on the low side...still no difference. When I had the spring off (again) I noticed the ProComp shock stayed compressed. A gas shock shouldn't do this. Sure enough it was toast. Ray sent me a new shock and the 1" list has been gone for a few years now.
Jason T.