PDA

View Full Version : New ride from a newbie

FIXXER
09-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Just hit the road with my 93 LWB, some highlights:
Full respray, 2" coil spring conversion with OME shocks,The mechanical
items to cherry out this truck were way too numerous. The only thing left to fix are the heated seats. I think it's turning out pretty nice. A nice idea was rather than try to restore the interior wood, it's all been resprayed body color.

TSR53
09-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice Range Rover Classic 4.2 litre! Schweet paint work. No frills, no bumpers, no extra lights, just orginal look with a coil lift. Good job. More photos please... :sly:

rovertjohnson
09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
wow you have a nice classic there i like how you kept it nice and simple. nice paint job! i wish you luck with your new ride =)

ray96disco
09-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Nice.

I too have a '93 county lwb that's coming along. It was my dad's for the first 212k miles. I've replaced the Heater core, rebuilt the a/c lines from the evaporator, installed new Champions & Magnacores, OME 2" lift, still run the 4x4 XPC's, ditched the running boards, contemplated removing the air dam (yours looks good w/o it), replaced all fluids w/ exception of transmission (next on the to do list). I need to install the brake pads & rotors, steering damper & belts I have sitting at the house & get new hoses and bushings as well.

My paint is original & looks pretty good. The driver seat has quite a bit of wear and, while it is still serviceable, I would like to get new factory seat covers for the front. Of course the headliner is drooping but I found the materials to replace it. It's irritating that the factory replacement headliner only lasted 5 years.

It's my 2nd Rover, runs great, gets crummy gas mileage, goes where I want to go and I love it.

Best of luck on yours, Ray