PDA

View Full Version : New 93 LWB owner with fun questions..

jcb-memphis
09-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi and thank you. I love these forums.

1. Prior owner remove the head light washer system, hard to replace? Worth it? Why remove it?

2. Headliner. Same old problems. I read someone's replay on how to do it as "get the manual." Say you wanted a quick reply and don't yet have the manual...how hard is it? I might remove, strip, and paint the foam/other stuff and replace. Or, what happens if you just leave it out?

3. Anyone know a cheap place to get light guards/brush guard. I am looking for one used if anyone has one.

THX.

JB

jcb-memphis
09-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Solved the problems...

found a used front end (brush guard, spoiler, washer plumbing) and will mount it.

Thanks for the views.

I have the OEM tires. Will be searching for new ones for snow/mud use. If anyone wants to post opinions or deals they know of, and size issues. I would be most happy.

JB

Jerry 92RR
09-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Stock size is a little expensive. I can't remember for sure but I think you can go with 235-70-16 or even 245-70-16. BFG A/T KO's are good but too expensive. Try Dunlop Radial Rover RT's, great function and great looking. Remember, RT's, not any other for Dunlop.

Makes a difference if you have a lift, too. You can go a little larger with a lift. I'm running 265-75's on a 2-3" OME lift. Almost 32" tires. Stock Classics are close to 28.5" tires.

jcb-memphis
09-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Stock size is a little expensive. I can't remember for sure but I think you can go with 235-70-16 or even 245-70-16. BFG A/T KO's are good but too expensive. Try Dunlop Radial Rover RT's, great function and great looking. Remember, RT's, not any other for Dunlop.

Makes a difference if you have a lift, too. You can go a little larger with a lift. I'm running 265-75's on a 2-3" OME lift. Almost 32" tires. Stock Classics are close to 28.5" tires.

Found Bridgestone AT revo 235 70 16 very cheap slightly used. So I jumped and bought them. Quite a nice ride so far at highway speeds. I have been told much, much better in snow than the OEM Michelins.

Thanks!!!!!

JB