PDA

View Full Version : What year is my Series IIA?

roverva
09-21-2007, 10:46 AM
I just bought this one from WI. It is titled as 1969 SIIA, but it has both headlights.

I was imported from Thailand 3 years ago and refurb back in Thailand about 5-6 years ago.

It is in fairly good condition, need to re-built some stuff, like the clutch, leaking CV Boots, leaking differential, Fuel Guage etc...

I want to restore to original condition based on the actual year...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

RH

roverva
09-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Here is another one...

roverva
09-21-2007, 10:51 AM
One more...

rovertek
09-21-2007, 11:34 AM
land rovers are easily altered and its common to have different configurations of lights, whats your ser #? i will look it up .....

LH Drive
09-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Nice buy,, I saw that one listed on E-bay a while back. It was listed a few times. I remember they said the grill was moved forward like on a Defender and a newer bonnet was also used. I think they also said that the breakfast center lights were an add on. What engine does it have?

sayers
09-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I think that I would send a message to Les at rovers north, he would more than likely be able to tell you the facts on it.

LWB109
09-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I'd have a look at the front,right springhanger for a VIN#
Even though your truck may be an assortment of various vehicles
it's likely that they used the original chassis for the basis of the restoration.Compare that number to the bulkhead VIN and see what you come up with.
Enjoy your ride.
LWB 109

roverva
09-21-2007, 06:30 PM
The VIN number on the Title says : 2592223, but it seems like missing a number. I looked up on the LRfaq web site and it doesn't match up with anything at all.

It was re-built and modified in Thailand, so I guess anything is possible :)

But the vehicle is very good condition and overall done a good job. I got it for $8K. So, I guess not a bad deal. The frame is galvanized and solid and sprayed.

Interior is fairly decent condition and it starts and drives decent as it should for now.

I will have to look in other places as suggested here to find out the real VIN number.