PDA

View Full Version : 2000Discovery II Cruise Control

coastalrv
09-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Can anyone help with a cruise control problem? Mine won't engage any more. I've checked the fuses and all seem to working OK.:confused:

Jcooper
09-22-2007, 05:10 PM
If/When you figure out what is causing your CC problems please post a reply on this thread. I am having the same problem.

I am going to start testing the ECU but I have to wait a few days to borrow a meter.

I am assuming your CC light on the dash lights up.

flickart
09-22-2007, 11:26 PM
My 99 disco CC just stopped engaging as well one day. The actual cruise control mechanism has a vacuum pump that actuates the throttle cable. Check the hoses going to the pump and from the pump. They are small black rubber hoses that can crack or split with age. I pulled the vacuum pump hose off ( It comes off real easy) and noticed it was severed almost half way thus breaking the vacuum pressure. I cut the end of the hose off with a sharp utility knife and placed the hose back on its nozzle. I taped it with some electrical tape to make sure that it was secured. Magically the CC is now working. LR wanted to replace the entire CC actuator pump and cables resulting in a $700 parts and labor estimate. It took me 15 minutes to identify the cracked hose and 5 minutes to fix it. Hope this helps.

Disco vermont
04-15-2008, 09:51 AM
We experienced the same problem with our 2000 DiscoII... Twice no less.. if you're sure it's not the fuses I'd suggest taking a good look at all your vacume lines.. both times that's what our problem was