PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried removing the center bulkhead?

thixon
09-25-2007, 12:42 PM
I know its not stock, but I'm not a stock kind of guy. I've been thinking about removing it, and fabbin' up a brace (similar to the defender setup). I know I'd have to go to different seats (depending on the brace I build), but thats no issue either. If you've done it, or wanted to try it and have ideas, please share.

Thanks,

Travis

daveb
09-25-2007, 01:48 PM
there is the kit that removes most of it and replaces it with a steel bar. there is also the option of fitting a shortened d90 or 109 bed with 88 sides. that will put the seats back by quite a bit. my 109 has tons of leg room compared to my 88's.

never done any of that but I alwasy wanted someone to do the latter option.

it will work with d90 seats and I think it will also work with the SIII deluxe seats. also some aftermarket high backs.

rgrds
dave

I know its not stock, but I'm not a stock kind of guy. I've been thinking about removing it, and fabbin' up a brace (similar to the defender setup). I know I'd have to go to different seats (depending on the brace I build), but thats no issue either. If you've done it, or wanted to try it and have ideas, please share.

Thanks,

Travis