PDA

View Full Version : Series 1

PH4
10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I have two Series IIA and am considering a Series One to purchase and restore. Has anyone here taken on this project and what is the difficulty as compared to a Series IIA. Such as different engine and parts? Anyone who has taken this path or has insight is much appreciated.

rovertek
10-02-2007, 07:33 AM
parts are alot harder to come by......

LaneRover
10-02-2007, 09:36 AM
If you are restoring to complete original spec yes, the parts are harder to come by. It is my understanding that a lot of the Series II - III mechanical bits are an easy swap over.

Brent

singingcamel
10-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Restoring a series 1 1951 as we speak. axles interchangable, its the little things that are to come buy, guages carb linkage,manifolds ,leaf springs,motor mounts and some little gaskets(make them) are the little things that can be hard to find,i have a few spares from this project as well as some experience to share with you if you decide to do one.
alot of parts in the U.K. as well Austraila?sp.
It all depends on what kind of restoration you are doing. i would recommend you keep it original ,worth more that way..
www.singingcamel.com (http://www.singingcamel.com)

gudjeon
10-02-2007, 02:04 PM
It depends on how old a series1. I restored a 1957 and uprated to many ser2 stuff to make it my daily driver for summer and winter. If you want I can give you more specifics with a PM.

Jon