PDA

View Full Version : Series Rover Driving Instruction

LandRoverRo
10-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I came across this last night and found myself laughing out loud. Perhaps I've been driving my Series truck too much like my Disco and Range Rover. Looks like I need to give it some 'welly' next time I'm out there. I guess I'll see what happens on Sunday.

I hope you get as much of a kick out of it as I did. Make sure you watch Part 2 (that's the best one).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=land+rover+series+III+off+roa d+instruction&search=Search

LH Drive
10-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Same here, after watching that short LR 1970's film it made me think twice before I take my series offroad again. I did'nt know I could only engage 4x4 Hi or Low when the situation calls for it and only to get out of it. It says the Series land Rover was designed to only run in 2Hi ( drive to the rear axle only) I used to lock the hubs and select 4 hi on my past 4Wheel drive trucks as soon as I would exit the pavement. Would drive all day in 4Hi at the hunting lease without any poping or knocking noise coming from the front axle. Everyone else I knew would do the same, thats the reason I started doing that. Now wonder we would go through u-joints that fast.
I read somewhere that when driving in snow you can keep it in 4Hi just as long as you shift the t-case into Nuetral every so often to prevent windup. In the city I guess this means every intersection you get a red light. What about placing some weights in the rear tub for traction and leaving it in 2 Hi?