PDA

View Full Version : 93 RRC violent ft suspension shake?

FIXXER
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
93 RRC, 2" coil spring conversion woth OME shocks. 2 times in the last week while driving I experienced a violent shake in the front end. It felt as if the wheels were coming off! So back to the shop (I own the shop at least), and we determined it to be the track bar (slightly bent ends worn) so we replaced it.
4 days later same thing all over again?????
Anyone have any experience with this? I'm not even sure I know what I'm looking for. And the steering dampner is new as well.

phoenix
10-05-2007, 08:40 PM
swivel pin preload?

marymary
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I have had the same problem with my 93 classic lwb....very scary. the scenario....on freeway going about 70 easing into another lane crossing the reflectors on lane ....so turning and braking = violent vibration that was so bad I could not steer the car...j and then when I slowed to a certain speed it pulled out...just finished repairing picking it up tomorrow...told there was something behind the hub cap that holds fluid and it was dry on driver's side will know more tomorrow.....steering pins?

joshua.mcguoirk
10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Check the panhard rod bushings and the steering damper. See your previous post for pricing Mary.

Dubv1980
10-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Check out my question posted above. It was definitely the swivel pin tension on mine. I took out one of the shims, and no more trouble. There are two bolts on the top of the swivel ball, back them out, take out a shim, and you'll be set.

Chris