PDA

View Full Version : Anything juicy?

Leslie
11-06-2006, 08:18 PM
So, is the Defender going to come back to the US? LRNA sell CKD kits? Someone who understands Rover's lineage get control and stick w/ its niche, instead of focusing on pimp-daddys??

boyofcows2
01-11-2007, 09:42 PM
With F**d at the helm, if it does I'm sure that it'll be demasculated. Think of a Defender on a mini-van platform, with "AWD". They'll call it the DUMMER!

Seriously, as much as I'd love an '07 Defender, I'd rather get an awesome closeout deal on an '06.

Mike_S
08-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd love to see the Defender return, granted I wouldn't buy a new one, but I hate to see the Defender come to the NA market to be bastardized into a H3/Dodge Nitro look-alike...

Just because Toyota can get consumers to swallow that space vehicle they slapped some old spare Land Cruiser tags on doesn't mean it's right and it is a method that should be followed! :eek:

xrover
09-01-2007, 02:24 PM
The artist pics of the Defender seem to be the same ones floating around since they redesigned the LR3.

If it's not a complete off-road machine it will turn into a mistake of a platform and never be offered again.

LR needs to lobby with the US on how to properly position this vehicle as far as class so they can build it the way we want it.

Personally, I would prefer that LR just build a complete knock down kit and make it available as a kit car. If the cost to build it runs 30 to 50K than some of us will do it.

sayers
09-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I thougth I read somewhere that all vehicles in europe in 2007 had to have air bags ? anyone else know about this, if so this could be one hurdle for the return of the defender that LR would not have to work out.