PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Disco II Window Regulator

edschles1
10-13-2007, 02:05 PM
does anyone in here have any experience installing a new Front Driver side Window Regulator in an '03 Disco II?

This is the second time it will have been replaced, however this time , its not covered under warranty, so I am going to attempt to do this myself.

Any help would be appreciated!! thanks

jshakespear
10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
does anyone in here have any experience installing a new Front Driver side Window Regulator in an '03 Disco II?

This is the second time it will have been replaced, however this time , its not covered under warranty, so I am going to attempt to do this myself.

Any help would be appreciated!! thanks
I'm not sure what the difference would be between 2000 and 2003, but my 2000 was pretty easy. I found this post to be useful :http://en.allexperts.com/q/Land-Rover-Repair-1470/2001-Discovery-Electric-window.htm. I can't stress enough how careful you need to be releasing the trim clips on the door panel from the door itself. I couldn't have been any more careful and broke 2! I found that a plastic putty knife worked best. It was thin enough to slide between the door panel, but also wide and long enough to get necessary leverage without marring the panel or the door. Once you have the door panel off, you may find it useful to wear rubber/nitrile gloves to peel the plastic away from the door. There is a bead of tar adhesive around the edge of the plastic and tends to get messy. You will need to disconnect the cable from the motor through the opening near the top. If you carefully pry at the bottom of the connector, it should slide right off. Also, after removing all of the bolts to actual regulator, there are 2 bolts and a bolt-on clip at the bottom securing the window to the regulator. Just disconnect those and the regulator should fold up so you can remove it through the bottom of the door. Replacement is just the reverse. While it helps to have the window in the up position for removing the regulator assembly, make sure to let it down into the door carefully after removing the regulator. Otherwise, it may fall down in and break. Good luck!

edschles1
10-16-2007, 08:16 AM
THanks man! I believe they use the same regulator. Your reply and the link you provided were very helpful.

Thanks again!

Erik