PDA

View Full Version : No Heat

smaldrich
10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Long story, i will be brief. I have a 95' P38A. I live in Alaska and i'm 350 miles from service. The left blower motor was cooking the relay, so it has been unpluged for the past year. The right blower motor has now quit working. I replaced the blower motor with no effect. The volt meter says i'm only getting 0.3v to the right blower motor. I have checked the fuses and all conections I find. Does anybody have any sugestions, winter is comming fast.

dirtyduk
10-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Think Warm, you need to inspect your blower relays , two yellow blower relays at the front of the under hood fuse box,(most likley a brown tinted yellow now) after you pull the relays also look at the fuse panel as they fry sometimes. Use a test light to conferm voltage. you can try another relay from another position to test for a bad relay. if yiur climate control head is good all should operate normally.

smaldrich
10-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Dirtyduk
Thanks for your reply. The left blower relay continually burns out relays. So I removed the left blower relay and have been operating on the right blower only (for the past year or so). Now, the right blower has quit and it appears that it is not getting power. So I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you have any idea why the left blower relay always burns up?
2. Could the problem with the right blower be the “climate control head”?
3. Could these problems be related?
Thank you so much for your help.

BackInA88
10-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Have you checked your grounds?

smaldrich
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
backinA88
Yes the ground is good.