PDA

View Full Version : RR Classic Suspension Question

AndrewG
10-26-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty new to Rovers and have a '93 Classic with the heavy duty spring conversion. As we all know, this is more than a car fetish but an outright addiction, so I have my eye on another Classic that has the original EAS. My question is wheither I should fix the EAS or convert to coils. I've read everything I can find online, but haven't seen anything that would definatively sway me to coils ! And the idea of those EAS buttons working makes me smile :)

I hope that this doesn't start a 'religious' war ! :rolleyes:

Mike Koch
10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Is the EAS broken, AndrewG?

If so, what's malfunctioning?

I wouldn't convert it until it causes migraines(both emotional and financial). They are marvelous systems when each component it doing what it's expected to do, but they don't age all that well.

Mike

AndrewG
10-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I haven't bought this second RR yet, but the current owner says one of the 'air bags' is gone, that the EAS is a troublesome system and I'd be better off converting it.

However, I found other information about the Arnott (http://www.arnottindustries.com) replacement parts that waxed lyrical about the quality !

I think I'd prefer the EAS system as half of what I read says its great when it works and the other half dismisses it outright. I have to admit that this car is for on-road and will rarely see off-road use.

AndrewG
11-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I finally gave in and bought the Old Man Emu set (Medium) from Rovers North. I'll upgrade the air bags and I'll have a much better and more reliable ride, so I'm told :)

Les Parker
11-01-2007, 09:34 AM
RN appreciates any and all feedback, so please let us know how you find the ride on the OME springs.
So far folks have been reasonably content with the results.

Jigsaw89
11-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Good Luck with your conversion! Is the Old Man Emu medium duty set of springs going to afix a classic Rover between standard & offroad (EAS) ride height?
Thanks!
Dan

I finally gave in and bought the Old Man Emu set (Medium) from Rovers North. I'll upgrade the air bags and I'll have a much better and more reliable ride, so I'm told :)

carloclassic
11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I have OME springs on my '90 and they feels great, no sloshing or jumpy reaction on turns and cornering even going pretty fast or hitting a nice bump. :thumb-up: thumbs up! :thumb-up:

RN appreciates any and all feedback, so please let us know how you find the ride on the OME springs.

joshua.mcguoirk
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM

OME HD Shocks and Springs including steering dampner on a '96 D1 and am lovin' it. Thanks RN!

AndrewG
11-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I hope so ! I'll let you know what it looks like after I'm done.

Andrew